Program Manager – Hydrogen & Fuel Cells
Seattle, WA, USA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join as a Program Manager – Hydrogen & Fuel Cells for our Global Engineering Services team. Amazon is committed to building a sustainable business for our customers and the planet. In 2019, Amazon co-founded the Climate Pledge – a commitment to be net zero carbon across the businesses by 2040, a decade ahead of the Paris Agreement goal of 2050. The Hydrogen Economy has been identified as one of the strategic areas to meet this ambitious goal. Our focus is on ensuring we build a strategy for the hydrogen economy, deliver pilots and provide technology for the various verticals in Amazon to accelerate the adoption of hydrogen and fuel cells. This position impacts a global set of stakeholders, so ability to consider a diverse set of viewpoints is critical to ensuring that pilot, training, adoption and engagement is appropriate to the locale.
You will be managing multiple programs focused on development of hydrogen infrastructure and piloting fuel cells in different stationary and mobile applications to assist different Amazon verticals validate the technology. You will partner with various stakeholders like engineering, safety, operations, learning, and maintenance to implement solutions, all the while generating excitement for the customer experience. You will also be part of the team who works with vendors on improving their technology based on customer feedback from associates through directors. This role is critical in ensuring that the right technology and technology partners are identified, vocalized, and defended for transition to deployment.
Up to 25% travel required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred), or related field
- 5+ years of experience in project or program management
- 3+ years of experience working with vendors
- 2+ years of experience creating visualizations using data, writing and presenting documents to senior leaders
- Knowledge of hydrogen infrastructure and/or hydrogen fuel cells is preferred
- Prior hands-on experience with deployment of hydrogen electrolyzers and/or fuel cells into the field is desired
- Strong knowledge of hydrogen safety is preferred
- Passion for sustainability and clean energy technologies
- Knowledge of alternative fuels and transportation electrification
- Ability to think big and dive deep, and embody a unique mix of leadership and technical acumen
- Ability to present in front of large groups of stakeholders, with confidence and clarity
- Motivated, agile, with strong time management and project management skills, and is technical and analytical
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.