Account Supervisor, Social Impact & Sustainability
San Francisco, CA, USA
Edelman believes that business has an opportunity to deliver both economic and societal benefits. Today’s consumers more than ever before, expect – and demand – of companies that they lead with purpose, that they stand for something bigger. Which is why we partner with our clients to put sustainability at the heart of business and brand. Not bolted on, but built-in. Beyond reputation and risk management, to leadership and growth. From leading brands and companies to cutting-edge nonprofits, Edelman helps our clients drive meaningful change to positively impact their business, consumers and the world –through sustainability, brand purpose, corporate citizenship, reporting, and more.
Edelman San Francisco’s Social Impact & Sustainability team has an exciting opportunity for an Account Supervisor with a focus on environmental sustainability. This position will play a key role on our Social Impact & Sustainability team, focusing on communications strategy, planning, advisory services, stakeholder engagement, outreach and new business development, with clients spanning sectors such as agriculture, energy, finance, food and technology.
The Account Supervisor (AS) is responsible for managing teams’ client service performance. The AS should understand Edelman’s variety of approaches and capabilities and be able to recommend appropriate strategies and tactics to clients and lead focused teams on project implementation. Expected competencies include:
Client and Project Oversight
- Play a lead and/or supporting role in the planning and development of strategic communications campaigns
- Develop frameworks, programs and partnerships to build authentic and measurable corporate sustainability programs
- Build strong relationships with clients, supporting or serving as day-to-day lead across workstreams
- Manage quality and operational performance of accounts including budget management, ensuring smart thinking, innovative approaches, attention to detail and managed deadlines
- Provide strategic counsel on CSR strategy and communications in real time to clients
- Build relationships with third-party thought leaders and internal business partners to meet client needs
- Produce high-quality, internal and external communications content, including memos and written recommendations
- Drive media relations, including creating and driving outreach plans, message development and management of events
- Serve as a sustainability and/or climate subject matter resource and expert to other Edelman account teams
- Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing actionable feedback, and holding team members accountable, as well as participating in regular and annual performance reviews
- Set achievable goals and tasks for direct reports; delegate opportunities and provide resources for staff to meet their goals; consistently measure and reward goal achievement
- Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building a network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations; aid in new business research and proposal preparation
- Ability to address client issues thoughtfully, respectfully and effectively
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Relentless Pursuit of Excellence, Freedom to be Constantly Curious, Courage to do the Right Thing) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Understand today’s corporate sustainability landscape and the implications for clients and key trends shaping our clients’ businesses
- Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant full-time experience in public relations and/or related fields including corporate sustainability, management consulting, or media and publishing. Ability to manage and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Ability to manage and thrive in ambiguity.
- The Account Supervisor should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, an understanding of basic public relations tools and how they are used and an expert-level grasp of corporate sustainability including issues such as circular economy, climate change, plastics and packaging, sustainable food systems, clean energy/cleantech, ESG and/or sustainable finance. They should have a passion for high-quality work, solid research, writing and editing skills, the ability to develop relationships with media and apply experience and initiative in developing traditional and digital communications strategies. Professional services or agency experience is strongly preferred.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.