This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant that has an aspiration for taking a significant part in the Finance and Accounting department operations by managing daily accounting tasks, preparing monthly and annual reconciliations, keeping the books clean and helping grow the company.
At Citrine, we’re changing the way new materials are developed. We are the industry leader in materials informatics, the application of data-driven methods to materials and chemicals development. Our platform provides data management and AI tools that help our customers rapidly develop better, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at huge manufacturing and materials companies, and researchers at leading universities and government labs. Our platform enables our users to accelerate the development of new materials.
In 2020 Citrine was recognized for technology innovation by the Global CleanTech Group and was named one of the most promising AI startups by CB Insights. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Though our technology was originally built by materials scientists, our team now consists of professionals trained in a diverse set of fields, including data science, physics, biology, and computer science. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and Pittsburgh, and our customers include Fortune 1000 materials and product companies.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Accountant that has an aspiration for taking a significant part in the finance and accounting department operations by managing daily accounting tasks, preparing monthly and annual reconciliations, keeping the books clean and in accordance with GAAP and FAR, and helping to grow the company. You are well-versed in accounting tasks such as AP, payroll, GL, amortization, monthly reconciliations and are happy in performing routine tasks (paying bills and reviewing expenses) as well as monthly tasks (running payroll, reconciling accounts and preparing financial report).
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of self-motivation with excellent organization and communication skills. You are comfortable with numbers and invoices, are proud of your critical thinking skills and are passionate about efficiency and automation. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced professional who enjoys responsibility and prospers in a dynamic environment. You will report to our VP Finance and cooperate fully with internal and outsource accounting teams.
- Lead daily relationships with banks, including purchasing and making payments in foreign currency and posting bank transactions on the accounting books
- Lead implementation of a new credit card program and its integration with a T&E system
- Ensure timely and accurate collection, processing, approval and payment of vendors’ and consultants’ bills in accordance with the company’s policies
- Analyze cash spending on weekly and monthly basis, prepare management cash reports
- Review, approve and process expense reports and ensure compliance with the company’s policy
- Support payroll processing for employees in the US and overseas
- Support workforce expansion to new states and to new countries
- Assist with on-boarding of new hires;Ensure compliance with time reporting and other government contract requirements
- Post monthly JE and prepare monthly reconciliations for assigned areas of responsibilities (bank, credit cards, payroll, prepaid/accrued expenses, deferred rent, equity, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of yearly closings and audits
- Evaluate and lead implementation of a new payable automation and a T&E system
- Improve policies and procedures, implement internal controls
- Assist VP Finance with monthly and ad hoc financial reports, budgeting and other projects as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of full GL accounting experience with AP, AR, bank reconciliations, payroll, month-close, financial reporting
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, CPA or on a CPA track is a plus
- Knowledge of government contract accounting and FAR regulations is a plus
- SAAS revenue recognition experience is a plus Experience with payroll processing and benefit reconciliation with health providers
- Experience working with international subsidiaries and remote employees and contractors overseas
- Highly organized with attention to details and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and execute against competing tasks and projects, dead-line oriented
- Proactive, resourceful and reliableCustomer service driven approach to the team
- Extraordinary interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience in a high-tech start-up environment
- MS Excel guru
- NetSuite Experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Equity options within the company
Flexible PTO on top of our 14 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$600 tech allowance
$5,000 annual professional growth budget.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Citrine Informatics is the award-winning materials computing platform for the development of data-driven chemicals and materials.