Senior Director Regulatory Compliance
Redmond, Washington, United States
Be on the forefront of a new ground-breaking technology: Cota Real Wireless Power. Spearheaded by a team of highly experienced business leaders and engineers, Ossia offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take one of the most highly anticipated technologies of our time to market. Countless devices across the globe will one day have wireless power, instead of batteries or wires. You will be on the leading edge creating the system for new and clean technology that enables IoT. Our employees are the key to our success, and we are fortunate to have found some of the best and the brightest. There is not a more inspiring team to work with and no better time than now!
As an Ossia Senior Director Regulatory Compliance you will be responsible for spearheading certification effort for this new breakthrough technology. This role requires expertise in US and international regulatory processes, RF and safety tests, system technical aspects, and strong program management skills. Work with project teams, 3rd party vendors, and/or in-country Regulatory Affairs partners to ensure that worldwide certifications are obtained for specific products per planned launch timelines; interface with other functional groups (e.g. RF engineers, Business development, and Design/System engineers) within the company as well as external groups (test labs and legal sources) to gather information and documents to prepare product submissions to international spectrum management authorities.
- Structure and lead departmental and cross functional processes.
- Develop and maintain US and targeted international regulatory related SOP, tools and systems to support the submission for approval.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in worldwide certification requirements.
- Provide certification related training and guidance for engineers, scientists, and Regulatory Affairs Specialists and others as needed, to bring awareness to the radio regulatory requirements.
- Interface with international spectrum management authorities on projects/products as identified by the manager.
- Assist with maintenance of Regulatory technical files to support compliance with telecom/radio certification requirements.
- Represent company in appropriate standard setting committees.
- Experience with certification of Wireless communication, or other RF systems.
- Experience with international certification bodies in adopting new standards.
- Direct experience with SARs and other safety standards.
- BS/MS in an Engineering discipline (EE, ME, CS) or equivalent experience.
- Expert in US regulatory (FCC) processes.
- Direct responsibility for managing multiple consumer products through full certification process.
- 10 years of experience, including management of equipment certification processes.
- Excellent communication skills, experience with working on large cross-functional teams.
- Must have hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support.
Ossia offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive insurance plans including a PPO or a partially funded HSA option
- 90% coverage for employees and 50% for dependents
- Generous time off plan including a flexible PTO plan available from your date of hire
- 401k and Roth Plans
- Stock option plans
- Free parking and flexible work environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.