This job is no longer accepting applications.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Check this video out as it shows what we do and our positive environmental impact!
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2020) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
- Google Accelerator (2020) - Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who You Are
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
As a Hardware Engineer, you will be involved in developing next generation IoT solutions for Smart Agriculture. Your designed products will have a positive impact on the environment and will help feed the world’s rapidly growing population.
What You Will Do
- Develop hardware schematic and PCB layout with Altium design
- Develop system/board architecture and execute implementation
- Assist in designing enclosures using Solidworks
- Develop engineering and manufacturing documentation
- Develop design files (schematic entry, source code, etc.) to implement designs
- Support board layout and HW/SW integration activities
- Research and investigate electronic components for obsolescence issues, alternates, cost, environmental characteristics, and revisions
- Support new product introduction (NPI) and work closely with manufacturing engineering for successful handoff
- Work with third party test labs to obtain product certifications
- Work with field service engineers to evaluate field testing
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Schematic and PCB Design, 2+ year hands-on experience with NPI/sustaining engineering, 2+ year of mechanical designs (preferably with Solidworks)
- Excellent working knowledge of design tools - Altium Designer and Solidworks
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting with embedded devices, including design, manufacture verification and board bring-up
- Experience in product certification for CE/FCC/PTCRB
- Understanding of Sub 1GHz, 2.4GHz, and LTE wireless connectivity
- Understanding of ARM microcontrollers and their system architecture & internals
- Understanding of manufacturing process
- Proven excellent team player with good communication skills
- Must be self-motivated with a high desire for results and be able to work with little supervision
Nice to have:
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy, Zigbee, LoRa and Cellular
- Experience with sensors, such as Accelerometers, Temperature, Humidity, Pressure, Soil/Moisture and other
- Experience with PLM/ERP
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Have a lasting impact as you help to build a company
- Learn a lot along the way!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Semios is a scalable, data analytics platform for growers of tree fruit and tree nut crops that helps predict, identify, and prevent pest and disease ...