Senior Accountant (3 months contract)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2020) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
- Google Accelerator (2020) - Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who You Are
As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for joining our Finance team for a short term contract and work on month end functions, grant reporting and tax analysis
What You Will Do
- Analyze costs related to Grant submissions and prepare internal reporting files for upcoming submissions
- Reconcile and report monthly Fixed Assets for Canada, USA and Europe
- Reconcile and streamline Intercompany transactions; ensure all intercompany PO’s are generated and corresponding transactions are entered in the respective entities.
- Implement monthly reporting for US Sales and use tax analysis and filing.
- Reconcile other balance sheet accounts for month end reporting
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of Accounting experience within a month end and reporting focused function
- Experience with high volume Fixed Assets, Inventory and Intercompany reconciliations
- Experience with advanced management/internal reporting and analysis
- Experience with US Sales and Use Tax
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel) and Google Sheets experience
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience generating audit quality working papers
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Have a lasting impact as you help to build a company
- Learn a lot along the way!
Your application has been successfully submitted.