Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer
Would you like to join an award-winning organisation? Telensa won the 2017 Amazon award for the Growing Business of the Year. Telensa was also named in the 2017 Global Cleantech 100 ones to watch list. In 2018 Telensa was awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade and Innovation. So, if this sounds like the fast-growing kind of company you would like to join read on...
Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things (IOT) and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
If this sounds like the kind of company you want to join, read on…
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Test Engineer to join our Manufacturing team at Telensa. The purpose of the role is to ensure that our manufacturing partners and internal manufacturing cell can build our products on time to the required quality. This is a hands-on role taking the lead on all manufacturing engineering issues.
The successful candidate will be an experienced manufacturing test engineer, with excellent specification management, test development, and technical troubleshooting skills. They must have extensive technical experience in manufacturing wireless telecom products.
It is anticipated that the role would be primarily office based but will involve regular visits to our manufacturing partners, which may involve some international travel. You will have good team working skills, and will need to build strong relationships across the business and with our partners. You will be proactive and organised, and have good attention to detail, even under pressure. You will be motivated by delivering high-quality, reliable products to our customers.
The Manufacturing Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring that production keeps running, and the product is manufactured correctly. This includes:
1. Controlling manufacturing test specifications, tests and compliance
· Defining production test specifications (incl. test limits).
· Ownership and support of production test sequences (including commissioning, debug, upgrade)
· Ownership and support of test racks (including calibration, debug, modification, repair)
2. Production quality Analysis
· Monitoring pass/fail rates and investigating common failures with a view to driving up production quality.
3. Controlling document management including concessions, change notes and defect notes.
4. New Product Introduction
· Process development
· New product introduction, incl. on-site support during pilot builds.
· Input into project planning
· Advising on improvements (e.g. for easier assembly / lower cost)
5. Supporting supply chain
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
· An Electronics degree or similar qualification
· Production test specification
· Production test development (Automated)
· Knowledge of DFM and NPI
· Manufacturing documentation management and control
· BOM & Build standard management and control
· Familiarity with test equipment and measurement techniques
· Experience of wireless products and/or knowledge of RF measurement techniques
· Proficient in the use of MS office applications
Your application has been successfully submitted.