Telensa is a world leader in smart streetlight control systems with almost 2 million streetlights under control. Our products are enabling cities across the UK and from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens. UrbanIQ integrates additional Smart City sensor applications to give City Mangers the insight into the data that they need.
Telensa won the 2017 Amazon award for the Growing Business of the Year. Telensa was also named in the 2017 Global Cleantech 100 ones to watch list. In 2018 Telensa was awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade and Innovation.
The Central Systems Group are responsible for developing Telensa’s suite server-side software – for Smart Lighting, Smart Cities and the Urban Data project. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team, bringing skills in Java development and Databases, and are offering the opportunity to cross-train to the exciting world of Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
This is a new role and will suit someone who is looking to develop their skills across a range of technologies.
- Design software for Smart City Central Management System components in Java, C#, Scala and Python as required
- Development within the Microsoft Azure environment
- Design and implementation of databases with an emphasis on performance
- Document system design and changes, review of software designs from peers
- Development of unit tests and automated integration tests
- Deliver software to agreed time and quality targets
- Learning new technologies relevant to the projects
- Work on projects with or without a team of other software engineers
- Software development in Java or C#
- Cloud development in some of the following programming languages: o Java, C, PHP, Python
- Skills in Linux development environment
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Delivering products in a commercial environment
- Experience of full software lifecycle.
- Ability to learn new technologies and quick to react to changing demands
- Passion for engineering
- Pragmatic can do attitude with a drive to add value to our customers
- Energised to deliver
- Ability to work and communicate effectively whilst working remotely.
Your application has been successfully submitted.