Director of Sales
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience, plus uncapped commission; eligible for company equity after 90 days
Location: Cambridge, MA (remote during COVID-19)
Overview: Solstice is on a mission to bring solar to every American. While solar has the potential to power households across the U.S., many are effectively locked out of the market for it because they rent or live in an apartment, or have an unsuitable roof. We are working to fill community solar farms, allowing a greater number of people access, regardless of their socioeconomic status.
Now, we are seeking an experienced Director of Sales who can take our startup to the next level of growth. The ideal candidate is organized, ambitious, mission-driven and a team player. This leader will manage our growing sales organization, which includes a Partnerships team (B2B sales and channel partnerships) and Enrollments team (B2C sales). The ideal candidate is goal- and results-oriented while fostering a people-first mentality with a high level of emotional intelligence.
This role will report to the COO.
- Directly manage all members of Partnerships and Enrollments team (currently seven people); hold team accountable to individual and team goals, identify and remove blockers, conduct regular 1:1s and performance reviews
- Maintain centralized sales operational processes and structure for the sales team, including scripts, collateral, training materials, playbooks, etc.
- Own overall sales strategy and channel breakdown (note: will work closely with Director of Partnerships Strategy); analyze and refine effectiveness of existing sales and outreach approaches
- Collaborate with Director of Revenue Operations on sales forecasts, staffing models, and tracking/analysis of Sales KPIs
- Collaborate with other departments (including Marketing, Business Development, Customer Success) on cross functional initiatives (e.g. working with Marketing on creating a delightful customer experience)
- Consistently monitor market research and customer feedback to identify areas of improvement and new opportunities
- Proven track record of superior sales management, managing both inbound and outbound sales teams and cultivating talent
- Proven track record of outperforming peers
- Demonstrated ability to attract, hire, and retain star sales talent
- Salesforce experience; Outreach.io and Hubspot experience a plus
- Excellent ability to manage multiple project work streams and
- Experience developing sales processes and structures from the ground up
- Experience being held accountable for reaching set KPIs
- Previous professional experience growing sales teams within a start-up environment and/or clean energy
- Ability to articulate Solstice’s value proposition to key stakeholders with passion
- Bonus: Knowledge of and relationships with key stakeholders in Solstice’s geographic regions (Northeast US, specifically NY and MA, and IL)
- Ability and willingness to travel (when safe to do so)
- A deep understanding of the solar and renewable energy space, particularly the rapidly growing community solar industry
- Hands on startup experience in cleantech
- Knowledge from and personal interaction with senior management
- Competitive benefits package and other perks, including access to leadership development funds
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek always to expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us unique perspective and capacities.
We’re a team of mission-driven, passionate and dedicated individuals. We’ve fostered an inclusive and fun culture through regular socials and even solar farm field trips. Apply today and get to know us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The age of solar has arrived. With prices falling by 80% in less than a decade, solar power is now within reach of every American household.