Remote, OR, USA
Overview: Solstice is on a mission to bring solar to every American. While solar has the potential to power households across the U.S., many are effectively locked out of the market for it because they rent or live in an apartment, or have an unsuitable roof. We are working to fill community solar farms, allowing a greater number of people access, regardless of their socioeconomic status.
The best part about working at Solstice is our mission-driven team, but it takes the right person to find and hire A-players. We’re looking for a passionate, gregarious, and detail-oriented individual to help our recruitment efforts. You’ll coordinate the end-to-end recruitment process, while working closely with Solstice’s co-founders and senior managers to bring in the right talent.
- Posting job descriptions across various recruitment channels
- Proactively sourcing talent through social networks like LinkedIn and other talent databases
- Focusing on DEI initiatives to ensure that Solstice sources, attracts, and retains the best talent from a diverse field. You’ll mitigate implicit and explicit bias and ensure fair hiring practices and an inclusive workplace
- Screen new candidates through phone/video calls, or using our video interview system, Willo. You’ll be the face of Solstice to new candidates, as you are the first point of contact in the process
- Coordinate with hiring managers to move candidates through the interview process by scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, and following up
- Other operational and recruitment projects as needed
- Quick learner: we are a fast growing startup, and need someone to get up to speed as soon as possible
- Self-identified “people person”
- Code switching: you can have an in-depth conversation with a software engineer, nonprofit executive, and a marketing whiz all in one day
- Comfort with ambiguity and wearing multiple hats
- Extraordinary attention to detail, creative, personable, enthusiastic, proactive, team-oriented
- 1-2 years of internal or external recruitment experience preferred
- A deep understanding of the solar and renewable energy space, particularly the rapidly growing community solar industry
- Hands on startup experience in cleantech
- Knowledge from and personal interaction with senior management
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek always to expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us unique perspective and capacities.
We’re a team of mission-driven, passionate, and dedicated individuals. We’ve fostered an inclusive and fun culture through regular socials and even solar farm field trips. Apply today and get to know us!.
Your application has been successfully submitted.