Peak Power Inc.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
While people dream of a better energy future, Peak Power is building it. Founded in 2015, Peak has developed a comprehensive software platform that alleviates strain on the electricity grid and drives value to owners of clean energy assets, buildings, and electric vehicles through electricity markets. Our Synergy software platform optimizes the operation of distributed energy resources by forecasting and predicting the behavior of electricity markets.
Reporting to the VP of Software, you will have the opportunity to work with talented groups of Software Engineers, QA Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Data Scientists. As a Scrum Master, you will guide 2-3 small, focused and highly collaborative teams in a fast-paced and exciting environment. Your people, process and technology skills will be incredibly valuable as you coach and mentor teams towards excellent outcomes.
Our new Scrum Master will
- Facilitate the daily scrum, sprint planning, retrospective and demos to maximize the team’s productivity and happiness
- Coach team members on effective communication and collaboration to remove impediments
- Use problem-solving skills to support decision making while working with the team and other stakeholders
- Uphold high quality standards by promoting a sense of ownership with team members
- Track and report on team velocities and impediments
- Support the product owner and provide guidance where needed
What you bring to Peak Power
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master for software teams, or a similar agile role
- Scrum Master training or certification
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Great collaborative problem-solving skills and ability to share ideas with others
- Adapt quickly as priorities shift
So why Peak Power?
We are focused on solving problems that impact energy markets both locally and around the world. We are a growth-stage clean technology company that has partnered with major names in real estate, electricity, and smart city spaces. To work with us is not only to work with an exciting company, but to also be on the cutting edge of the global transition to distributed, clean, and carbon-free energy.
Peak Power is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.