Precision Agriculture Sales Account Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
While we may be best known for our mating disruption solution to control Navel Orangeworm in almonds and pistachios, Semios is dedicated to helping growers leverage technology to produce a better crop. Our crop management platform helps growers of tree nuts, tree fruit and vine crops leverage big data analytics and artificial intelligence to manage insect pests, disease and irrigation. Crop insights are stored in the cloud providing growers decision aid solutions from anywhere, on any device, in real-time. We improve sustainability, reduce inputs and increase the value of harvests.
Our continued growth in California is creating opportunities for driven, relationship-focused individuals to join our team. As a member of our sales team based in Fresno or Madera Counties, you will help build on our success, win new accounts and expand our business with existing customers.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards 2020 - IoT and AI Overall Sensor Solution of the Year
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2020) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact: https://youtu.be/Yn5NrjwWOhY.
Who You Are
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems. With Semios, you'll take care of our existing customers while building new market share in our target crop markets by helping prospects with little technology exposure understand how we can improve their results.
You bring a passion for, and deep understanding of, the challenges growers face in producing a great crop having worked in or studied agriculture. You are a master relationship builder. You understand a solution sales process and have a talent for discovering and helping customers achieve their objectives.
It's a Must
- Exceptional level of enthusiasm, persistence and energy
- Outside/territory sales experience, prospecting, new business development, experience calling on farming operations
- Experience in the commercial tree nut or vine industry in California.
- Competitive nature and desire to excel
- A high level of organization and strategic thinking skills
- Competency with computer technology
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout the state
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Agronomy or related field (Horticulture, Entomology or other)
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of technologies used in commercial agriculture
- Experience maintaining productivity while working alone
- An established network of professionals in the industry
- Knowledge of the use of mating disruption for pest control in key California crops
- Competitive Salary and performance based incentives
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
- Health care benefits after probationary period
- Company vehicle, cell phone and computer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Semios is a scalable, data analytics platform for growers of tree fruit and tree nut crops that helps predict, identify, and prevent pest and disease ...