Agriculture Business Partnership Specialist, CA
Fresno, California, United States
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2020) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
- Google Accelerator (2020) - Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We have undergone tremendous growth in the last year, which has created the following unique opportunity for the right candidate.
To ensure we have our finger on the pulse of the market, we are looking for an individual who excels at networking and establishing collaborative relationships. It is not a sales role.
Bringing a strong background in and sound knowledge of the global agricultural market, you will provide insights on strategy, actions and trends in the market reflecting influencers of today and the future. In concert with Semios’ rapid growth, our relationships with other entities in the agricultural community of suppliers, industry associations and technology vendors have become more important to our future trajectory. Your work and relationships will help to inform our plans as we expand our solutions for current as well as new crops and geographical regions with the goal to accelerate our growth.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for maintaining our current portfolio of relationships while expanding and nurturing it to include any market constituents influencing industry trends and events that could impact Semios’ overall strategy and trajectory.
The successful candidate can be based anywhere In Western US or Canada.
British Columbia, Washington and California prefered.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, agriculture or other related field
- Experience in the Agricultural industry with sound knowledge of key players and typical business practices
- Experience in creating and evaluating partnerships with unique & diverse businesses
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and nurture business relationships
- Highly organized and effective at gathering and sharing market intelligence
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time both within Canada and internationally
Why this opportunity is for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Have a lasting impact as you help to build a company
- Learn a lot along the way!
Your application has been successfully submitted.