Remote, OR, USA
Sense is seeking a highly focused senior accountant who will be responsible for monthly and daily accounting tasks as well as helping to develop the finance department as Sense grows. You will collaborate with our Controller to close the monthly books, analyze contracts in accordance with ASC606, prepare financial reporting, implement an ERP, and develop processes and procedures. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a startup environment where no task is too big or too small and to gain exposure to a wide breadth of accounting and finance responsibilities.
- Prepare monthly close materials, including trial balance reconciliations and P&L variance analysis.
- Analyze contracts for appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with ASC606.
- Monitor and maintain monthly inventory positions and controls.
- Research and implement new accounting guidance.
- Assist with drafting annual financial statements.
- Coordinate annual financial audit.
- Manage daily accounting tasks including accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash reconciliations.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
- 2-4 years public accounting experience.
- Technical accounting background and understanding of US GAAP concepts.
- Ability to communicate and effectively work with non-finance staff.
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently, problem-solver.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong drive to learn and grow.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Revenue recognition experience.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
- Flexible hours and WFH policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Remote or local in our Cambridge Central Square office (re-opening Jan 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19).
Your application has been successfully submitted.