Backend Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sense is looking for a backend software engineer to join the team. If you are looking to use your professional expertise to make a difference in the fight against climate change, while also shipping a best-in-class consumer-facing product built on cutting-edge technology, then we should talk!
In this role, you will help us expand the capabilities of our cloud platform to enable a wide range of new product features, and you will be a key contributor to maintaining and scaling a high-quality production service. You should be
- Passionate about building high-availability, performant, and scalable systems.
- Focused on delivering functionality that benefits the customer and provides real business value.
- Experienced at designing clean, usable REST APIs.
- Tenacious when tracking down production issues, digging into metrics and logs as needed to run a problem to the ground.
- Excited about high-volume, realtime data and solving the challenges it poses.
- 2+ years professional experience with backend development
- Devops experience maintaining a production environment is a plus
- Background in Java, Linux, AWS is a plus
- Experience with Cassandra is a plus
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Sense’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and more efficient. Our energy data and tools demystify home energy use, empower people to take command of their usage, and enable utilities to build a cleaner and more resilient grid.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
- Flexible hours and WFH policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Remote or local in our Cambridge Central Square office (re-opening March 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Sense's mission is to make all homes intelligent by keeping people informed about what's happening in their homes, and helping to make them safer, mor...