Senior Vice President, Market Transformation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
To help pursue LACI’s mission to create an inclusive, green economy, the Senior Vice President (SVP), Market Transformation is responsible accelerating the development and deployment of clean technologies by:
- Helping drive key initiatives and partnerships that bring together top decision makers (e.g., CEOs, policymakers, etc.) to accelerate progress toward a zero emissions transportation and goods movement future, a 100% renewable energy system, and sustainable cities
- Identifying and amplifying the market “push-pull” signals and policies that accelerate the program goals, advance related strategies, and commercialize clean technologies
- Deploy pilots and deployments that create outsized impact to scale cleantech marketplaces
The SVP Market Transformation will manage the Market Transformation department, including Transportation, Energy, Sustainable Cities and Pilots programs. The SVP will oversee the Market Transformation program strategy and execution, stakeholder engagement, and fundraising and budget responsibilities.
What You’ll Do
This position has four areas of responsibility: program strategy and management, administration, business development and external relations and thought leadership
- Program Strategy and Management: Drive program strategy for each sector (Transportation, Energy and Sustainable Cities) and the pilot program, most notably for the Transportation Electrification Partnership. Oversee sector and pilot programs, including program strategy, staff, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Work with other pillars (Unlocking Innovation and Enhancing Communities to support LACI’s mission. Support and/or lead seeking of related partners, including startups that align with LACI’s mission, goals and strategies. Support startup recruitment into the LACI ecosystem and provide advice and perspective during the portfolio company application review process.
- Lead the Market Transformation Pillar as part of LACI’s Leadership Team: Hire and manage staff. Support and represent LACI’s values, including diversity and inclusion. Ensure all grant and funding invoices and progress reports are correctly submitted on time.
- Business Development/Fundraising: Set annual department- and program-level revenue goals, including a list of diverse sources of funds. Identify, pursue, and close grant, sponsorship or other revenue opportunities. Develop and manage corporate sponsor / partner relationships. Identify and develop partner organization relationships.
- External Relations and Thought Leadership: Develop and maintain relationships with regional, statewide and federal agencies who interact with LACI’s programs. Represent LACI at meetings, events and conferences. Generate content for white papers, blogs, grants, marketing communications, articles, videos, etc. Oversee production of related events – including meetings, panels, site visits and conferences – that leverage LACI’s position as a catalyst to grow the cleantech marketplace.
Why You’re Right for the Job
- You have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to leadership. You naturally build strong relationships and establish credibility with a wide-range of leaders and employees across the organization as a trusted colleague and mentor.
- You are an exceptional communicator. You know how to synthesize and translate complex information for a broad spectrum of audiences, from technologists and engineers, to investors, to cross collaborative team members.
- You are adaptable, strategic and agile. You naturally anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan, and when things (inevitably) don’t go according to plan -- you know how to roll with the punches.
- You get cleantech start-ups. It might be another world to some people, but it’s your world and you speak the language. Your depth of experience and relationships with entrepreneurs, founders and investors position you well to support a diverse group of companies and entrepreneurs.
- You’re a master planner and capacity builder. You know how to operationalize program strategy and develop the plans, processes and people to execute, ensuring the department runs smoothly and goals are met.
- You are a coach, an ear, and a mentor for startups and LACI staff.
Basically, we want to know you can get the job done. This means you have:
- Deep experience with public policies and/or business models (including financing and pilots) to accelerate market transformation in zero emissions transportation, renewable energy, and sustainable cities
- 10+ years relevant work experience , Masters degree in public policy, business or environmental studies preferred
- Business development and/or fundraising experience is required
- Excellent writer and presenter, comfortable speaking with a wide range of audiences
- Experience building and growing clean energy and/or zero emissions transportation businesses is preferred. Otherwise, experience as a connected clean energy and transportation stakeholder is required
- Experience managing direct reports.
This is a full-time, permanent position, starting immediately. LACI operates out of the La Kretz Innovation Campus, located in the bustling Downtown LA Arts District. Since we are rapidly growing, you will be getting in on the ground floor at LACI, with the opportunity to evolve with us and shape your future here.
In addition to working on a campus with other innovators, we offer industry competitive benefits including: paid holidays, vacation/sick time, 401(k) plan, and paid parking. We also support alternative transportation with a Metro pass for every employee. Although we trust that you can do amazing work remotely or from your home office, this is an in-house only position.
LACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector and the overall tech industry. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups. The information collected from the application helps us ensure that we are meeting our goal of an equitable and diverse campus and community.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) is a private non-profit organization helping to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies and ensu...