Software Developer (Diagnostic Tool)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 4,000 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Roush’s Advanced Engineering department is seeking a Diagnostic Tool Software Developer to join our team. The Diagnostic Tool Software Developer will be responsible for the development and support of a Roush automotive diagnostic tool. The Diagnostic Tool Software Developer will architect, design, develop, verify, and validate the software along with performing troubleshooting and triage of existing software. This position is located in Livonia, MI.
- Architect, design, develop, verify, and validate automotive diagnostic software and user interfaces to meet requirements.
- Perform troubleshooting and triage of existing diagnostic tool software.
- Interface with co-workers, collaborating on software development.
- Perform both vehicle level and bench testing and troubleshooting of diagnostic tool software, tracing functionality to requirements. Vehicle level testing may require driving a vehicle.
- Create software architecture and design documentation including functional descriptions, flowcharts, user stories, UML (Unified Modeling Language), pseudocode, and user interface wireframes.
- Capture and document customer, user, and engineering diagnostic software requirements.
- Create software and system test plans.
- Drive/travel to other company facilities, as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience performing C# software development.
- Experience with Visual Basic software language.
- Ability to perform software troubleshooting – quickly finding and fixing software issues and bugs.
- Ability to create intuitive, and attractive user interfaces for PC and mobile applications.
- Ability to create concise software requirements and track their implementation in software.
- Good working knowledge of automotive electronic systems and architecture.
- Ability to manage time to ensure projects are completed by deadline – may require overtime.
- Experience performing diagnostic tool development.
- Experience with CANbus (Control Area Network) automotive diagnostic communications, including Unified Diagnostic Services (ISO14229), SAEJ1979 and SAEJ1939.
- Experience with Python software language.
- Experience with common CAN to USB diagnostic interface tools, including SAE J2534 or RP1210 protocols.
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries.