Director of Data Engineering
New York, NY, USA
SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
We are looking for a talented Director of Data Engineering to join our growing Data Engineering team and help us design and implement the next version of our integrated data platform. We take a holistic view of the firm's data, from cloud storage to sales contracts, and provide centralized and actionable views to build research, monitoring, and reporting tools. For this you'll need to be a tenacious and creative problem solver with the ability to quickly prototype solutions. You'll also need to be proactive and have a desire to mingle with the product and business facing groups to understand what drives their processes and turn that insight into great tools to help grow the SmartAsset business.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of professional development experience with 1-2 years Data Engineering experience
- ETL/data pipelining experience
- Solid SQL skills
- Good knowledge of pandas with hands on data experience
- Knowledge of Linux environments - bash, ssh, crontab etc.
- Experience with AWS services/EC2
- Experience using Cloud storage solutions
- Experience with BI tools - Looker, Tableau etc.
- Working front end knowledge - HTML/CSS/jQuery
- Any experience with Docker is a plus
- Working knowledge of statistics
- A desire to learn about all facets of the SmartAsset business
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Full stack experience
- Math/Stats background
- Data Science experience
- Catered lunch three times per week
- Casual dress code
- Weekly happy hours
- Regular team social activities such as a company book club, sports leagues, community service opportunities and more
- Benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k)
- Professional education reimbursement program.
Your application has been successfully submitted.