Technician (12 month fixed term contract)
Oxford PV is looking to appoint a laboratory technician initially on a 12 month fixed term contract basis to perform routine device fabrication processes to support our development effort.
- Carrying out various device fabrication steps including:
- Operation of deposition equipment such as spin-coaters, thermal evaporators and sputter coaters
- Optoelectronic testing of finished devices
- Preparation of device substrates including cleaning, laser marking, and cleaving of glass and semiconductor substrates
- Safe use of a wide range of chemicals including solvents; use of pipettes, fume hoods and ovens
- Routine stock checking and re-ordering of chemicals, materials, substrates and consumables
- Various housekeeping duties in support of the laboratory manager, including handling the laboratories’ various waste streams
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of operating relevant fabrication processes in a fast-paced development laboratory environment
- An ability to cope well with changing priorities
- Experience of having worked within a health and safety system including experience of risk assessment and CoSHH
- Excellent observational and record keeping skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, including other Technicians, Engineers and management
- Previous supervisory experience would be an advantage
Salary and working times
Salary commensurate with experience.
Standard company hours are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Your application has been successfully submitted.