This job is no longer accepting applications.
In this exciting new position, you will be responsible for setting up supply chain management, defining company-wide processes, and establishing and developing supplier relationships. This role would suit someone with international experience working with multiple sites in a research and development company.
- Develop effective purchasing strategies, this role will be commercially focused looking to improve efficiencies across the Company whilst managing costs.
- Develop, manage and optimise the purchasing supply chain within the company. This includes identifying, managing and mitigating supply chain risks.
- Identify new suppliers where required, supplier due diligence checks, agreeing commercial terms and building business relationships to benefit both parties.
- Manage contract negotiations, demonstrating extensive skills in this area, with special attention to confidentiality.
- Manage and consolidate the activities within the procurement function.
- Work closely with all departments across the company to meet their purchasing needs, including project managers and departmental managers to ensure budgetary control and cost reduction.
- Develop a close working relationship with colleagues in Oxford PV’s German subsidiary, create a bridge between the Oxford R&D site and the German production site. This will also include providing them with support in busy periods.
- Optimal stock control and management.
- Analyse data and provide reports to demonstrate savings improvements and benefits of changes.
- Ensure the company remains compliant with all customs and duties requirements.
- Establish a positive procurement attitude within the Company.
Qualifications and experience
- Significant purchasing/operational experience in a R&D technology company.
- A strong understanding and demonstrable experience of purchasing chemicals and hazardous materials.
- University degree or a relevant CIPS qualification.
- Good knowledge of a manufacturing-based ERP system.
- Project management and the ability to complete tasks against tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Understanding of third-party logistics.
Salary & working times
Standard company hours are 08:30 -17:00, Monday - Friday (flexibility on these hours is available). Please note that flexibility may be required on occasion in order to meet deadlines.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Oxford PV – The Perovskite Company is the pioneer and technology leader in the field of perovskite solar cells.