Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 73MW of operational grid-scale battery capacity and is now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for outstanding graduates with a passion for fighting climate change to apply their degree skills to the management of energy storage and electric vehicle projects. In our rapidly growing company, adaptable, highly motivated and talented analysts will be given significant responsibility early-on, with the potential for equity participation.
The Operations Analyst will be a core part of the Operations team, primarily maximising asset up-time both proactively and reactively. They will work closely with the Bidding and Asset Optimisation teams to maximise the value of new and existing projects. Tasks will include:
- Monitor asset health, checking alerts regularly and ensuring assets are carrying out the correct contracts with a suitable performance
- Manually dispatch/manage assets if automation not available, through Zenobē’s proprietary software platform
- Maintain operational asset health register for communication, network and other infrastructure on site
- Track spare item usage and inventory
- Schedule preventative maintenance in a cost-efficient manner
- Monitor and act on 3rd party performance guarantees/SLA’s
- Checking contractor reports and filing correctly. Regular catch ups with subcontractors
- Monitor HSE policies, ensure RAMS etc submitted and signed off by technical team before site interventions
- Proactively communicate spotted issues to customers and to Zenobe stakeholders, create Zendesk tickets and identify follow up actions. Similarly for responding to client-raised issues
- Notifying relevant parties (e.g. sub-contractors) of issues and chasing them up to take action to resolve them. Logging these actions taken
- Liaising with engineers on site to ensure they have the relevant information and helping to test assets while they are working on them
- Expectation management of customers when issues arise, including delivering feedback when issues are resolved in a prompt and professional manner
- Analyse and log tickets over time – using Zendesk
- Be reachable outside office hours for high priority troubleshooting
- Develop strategies to prevent recurring topics, including post-mortem analyses on major or recurring issues and near misses
- Develop mitigation plans for force majeure or other events
- Develop a priority issue categorisation and how it will be handled which will be communicated to customers
- Develop doomsday clock for each contract, which counts down to SLA threshold
- Responsibility for operations training
A job with Zenobē Energy means a job with the market leader in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners. We are open to applicants from all academic areas, however the below skills and a strong interest in sustainability are essential.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Python
- Bachelor’s degree from a renowned educational institution
- A solid team player with a collaborative and consultative approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
- Robust analytical skill set, an endless curiosity to think beyond conventional solutions
- Able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment with large amounts of responsibility
- Excellent organisational skills, able to multi-task, meet deadlines and juggle competing demands
- Attention to detail and able to produce work of consistently high quality
- Proven record of success
- Ability to work in the HQ in London and travel UK wide and internationally
Desirable but non-essential skills
- Experience with Zendesk or other ticketing software
- Electrical engineering knowledge, particularly relating to grid-scale power electronics or battery technology and operation
- Previous experience in any client-facing or operations role
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Performance related bonus and company share plan
- Excellent opportunity for personal growth and responsibility.
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and prohibit discrimination of every type.
We will always ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity. We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical.
Our company is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. We will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
Your application has been successfully submitted.