Business Development Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power, and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 73MW of operational grid-scale battery capacity and is now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing, and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for outstanding graduates with a passion for fighting climate change to apply their degree skills to the management of energy storage and electric vehicle projects. In our rapidly growing company, adaptable, highly motivated, and talented analysts will be given significant responsibility early-on, with the potential for equity participation.
We are looking for associates who will support our sector EV Fleet, Network Infrastructure and Commercial and Industrial Business Development teams. You will be a key member of these small teams primarily running data analytics, financial modelling, creating presentations and supporting our Business Development Directors and main Board Directors in the delivery of client proposals. Tasks will vary according to the sector and client but will include:
• Research into potential customers and understanding of their requirements
• Analysis of client data to understand energy demand requirements
• Building business cases and running financial scenarios to identify the impact for clients
• Liaising with the Bidding and Analytics team to understand changes in the power markets
• Liaising with the Procurement team to understand change in capital and operational costs
• Liaising with the Regulations team to understanding the impact of regulatory changes
• Liaising with the Corporate Finance for structuring of debt and equity components
• Identifying ways to manage risk for Zenobē and our clients
• Be proactive in thinking about new ways of delivering value for clients
• Development of client presentation materials
• Creation of presentations for Investment Committee meetings
A job with Zenobē Energy means a job with the market leader in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners. We are open to applicants from all academic areas, however the below skills and a strong interest in sustainability are essential.
• Fluent in PowerPoint
• Strong excel skills
• Bachelor’s degree from a renowned educational institution
• A solid team player with a collaborative and consultative approach
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
• Robust analytical skill set, an endless curiosity to think beyond conventional solutions
• Able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment with large amounts of responsibility
• Excellent organisational skills, able to multi-task, meet deadlines and juggle competing demands
• Attention to detail and able to produce work of consistently high quality
• Proven record of success
• Ability to work in the HQ in London and travel UK wide and internationally
Desirable but non-essential skills
• Electrical engineering knowledge, particularly relating to grid-scale power electronics or battery technology and operation
• Knowledge of the UK energy landscape
• Previous experience in any client-facing role
• Python skills
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Cycle to work scheme
• Medical insurance
• Season ticket loan
• Performance related bonus and company share plan
• Excellent opportunity for personal growth and responsibility.
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and prohibit discrimination of every type. We will always ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity. We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical.
Our company is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. We will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We empower businesses to combat climate change through the intelligent use of energy storage.